Protect Your Business Vehicles With Louisiana Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Louisiana businesses face a variety of risks, including the risk that an employee driving a company-owned vehicle could be responsible for an accident. If you have employees who drive for business purposes, you need Louisiana commercial vehicle insurance to protect your assets in the event of an accident.
Who Needs Louisiana Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
If you or your employees use a vehicle for business purposes, you need commercial auto insurance. This includes:
- Companies that use commercial trucks
- Independent contractors who drive for business purposes
- Businesses that make deliveries or transport goods
- Limo services, taxi services, bus companies and any other transportation services companies
Whether the vehicles are company-owned, owned by the employee or leased, a commercial vehicle policy helps to protect against the risks associated with business use of a vehicle. There can be many scenarios in which the need for commercial auto insurance is questionable. We can help you determine if you have a need for a commercial auto policy, or if personal auto insurance is sufficient to cover your risks.
What Does Louisiana Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance provides coverage for damage to vehicles as well as liability protection if your driver is at fault for injuring or causing damage to someone or something. Typically a commercial vehicle policy will provide the following types of coverage:
- Liability coverage: for expenses resulting from an accident you or an employee causes while driving for business purposes, bodily injury to another person, property damage to someone else’s property, and legal fees if you are sued
- Medical payments: for hospitalization and other medical expenses for you or your employees and any passengers in a commercial vehicle at the time of an accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: for bodily injury and property damage to you or your employees if an accident occurs with a motorist who is not sufficiently insured
- Collision coverage: for your vehicle when another object or vehicle causes damage
- Comprehensive coverage: for damage caused by incidents other than a collision, such as weather, theft or vandalism
Customized Commercial Vehicle Coverage for Your Louisiana Business
We will carefully assess your needs and propose commercial vehicle coverage that best fits your type of business and the way you use vehicles in your operations. There are many factors that go into determining the right amount of coverage, such as what types of vehicles your company uses, who owns them, who drives them, and how often are they driven. Do you transport people or goods? In addition, there are state and federal regulations that will impact your coverage.
Contact Financial Assurance today for more information about commercial vehicle insurance for your business. From our office in Metairie, we can help business owners in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Hammond, St. Tammany and throughout Southeast Louisiana find comprehensive policies to fit their needs.